We understand that sometimes unexpected things may happen and your circumstances can change suddenly, which may make it difficult to make your payments.
If you are not able to make your regular loan repayments, we're here to offer you help. The sooner you apply for assistance, the more likely we will be able to assist you.
You may apply for assistance for the following reasons:
- Reduction in income
- Loss of employment
- End of relationship
You cannot make an assistance application if any of the following apply:
- You have failed to make 4 or more consecutive payments
- You have been in arrears for 2 or more months
- If you have made a hardship assistance application within the last 4 months
How we can assist you:
- Extending the loan term and reducing the amount of each payment
- Postpone, during a specified period, the dates on which payments are due
- Both of the above
You can apply for hardship assistance by clicking APPLY HERE
What supporting documents do I need to provide?
Depending on your situation you will have to provide one or more of the following:
- Letter from your employer describing financial impact (e.g. confirming period of leave without pay)
- Employment termination notice
- Redundancy letter from employer
- Medical certificate
- Medical report
- Letter from ACC
- Letter from WINZ
- Email a screenshot from your My MSD
- Parenting agreement or support payments
How long will it take to decide my application?
We will try to let you know the outcome of your application as soon as we are able, but no later than 3 working days after we receive a valid application from you, provided we do not need any further information from you.
How long am I able to receive assistance for?
This depends on your situation and the assistance offered.
Can I apply in store?
Yes, you can. You will need to bring any documents supporting your application and need to know your internet banking login and password.
What does it cost?
There is no charge for considering the application.
If the application is accepted and the contract is changed an $8 fee will be applied to the contract.
What happens if my application for hardship assistance is declined or I am not happy with the outcome?
Once your application has been assessed, we will advise you of the outcome. If your application has been declined, we will also provide the reason.
You also have the right to apply to the court to make changes if you have made a Hardship assistance application and you do not agree with the outcome.