We can assist you with hardship
At Superloans, we know that sometimes things can happen which can impact your ability to make repayments. We can make allowances in situations of unforeseen hardship so that we can help you through it.
What is Hardship?
Personal hardship can take many forms. For example, you may suffer hardship when your job or income status changes. You may get injured or suffer an illness, or experience the end of a relationship which affects your financial situation. Often these are out of your control and can’t be predicted.
Don’t delay, please contact us
The sooner you contact us and apply for hardship assistance, the more help we can be. If you think you won’t be able to make your regular repayment we’ll work with you to get the best solution.
How can we help
There are several ways we can help you if your application is approved. We can:
- Extend the loan term and reduce the amount of each payment to make it more manageable.
- Postpone payments for a specified period or adjust the dates on which payments are due.
- Offer a combination of these options.
The earlier you contact us, the more options we have to help.
Where we may not be able to offer Hardship Assistance
There are some circumstances where your Hardship application may not be approved.
If you have:
- Failed to make four or more consecutive payments.
- Been in arrears for two or more months.
- Made a hardship assistance application within the last four months.
What supporting documents do I need to provide?
Depending on your situation you’ll have to provide one or more of the following:
- Letter from your employer describing financial impact (e.g. confirming period of leave without pay)
- Employment termination notice
- Redundancy letter from employer
- Medical certificate
- Medical report
- Letter from ACC
- Letter from WINZ
- Email a screenshot from your My MSD
- Parenting agreement or support payments
How long will it take to decide my application?
We’ll try to let you know the outcome of your application as soon as we are able. But no later than 3 working days after we receive a valid application from you provided we do not need any further information from you.
How long am I able to receive assistance for?
This depends on your situation and the assistance offered.
What does it cost?
There is no charge for considering the application however if the application is accepted and the contract is changed, a fee will be applied to the contract. See all our Costs here.
Can I apply in store?
Yes, you can. You’ll need to bring any documents supporting your application.
What happens if my application for hardship assistance is declined or I'm not happy with the outcome?
Once your application has been assessed, we’ll advise you of the outcome. If your application has been declined, we’ll also provide the reason. If you don’t agree with our decision you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited.